Russian special operation in Ukraine
Russian armed forces hit a Ukrainian ammunition depot where British Storm Shadow missiles and depleted uranium ammunition were stored. Ukraine plans to continue the counteroffensive in the fall. URA.RU brings the main news to the evening of September 18.
- The Russian army attacked warehouses where Western Storm Shadow missiles and depleted uranium ammunition were stored. The centers where Ukraine trained sabotage groups were also hit.
- President of Ukraine Vladimir Zelensky said that the offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine will continue even with the arrival of the autumn thaw. In the previous year, Ukrainian equipment got stuck in the mud and could not move further.
- Ukraine will not be able to defeat Russia in a military confrontation. There will be no Ukrainian parade in Moscow, said Kirill Budanov, head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
- Russian military officers denied Kyiv’s statement about the capture of the village of Kleshcheevka. According to them, fighting in the area continues. On September 18, the enemy lost up to 255 troops in this direction.
- The Royal Wolves combat group will receive BAS-80 kamikaze drones with folding wings. Such drones are capable of speeds of up to 130 kilometers per hour and attack targets at a distance of up to 30 kilometers.
- American billionaire Elon Musk criticized the Ukrainian Armed Forces. According to him, they were unable to achieve their goals in the summer, losing many military personnel.
- The International Court of Justice began hearings on the claim of Ukraine against the Russian Federation related to the special operation. The Russian delegation is also present at them.
- All deputy defense ministers of Ukraine have been fired. They worked in a team with the former head of the department, Alexei Reznikov.
- A Ukrainian shell hit the building of the administration of the head of the DPR in the center of Donetsk. This information was confirmed by the mayor of the city, Alexey Kulemzin.
- In the Donetsk direction, the Russian military repelled six attacks. The “South” group worked against the enemy, reports Channel 5.