Russian special operation in Ukraine
The armed forces of Ukraine shelled the Belgorod region 229 times on May 26. URA.RU brings the main news by the evening of May 27th.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine attacked the Belgorod region 229 times a day. The head of the region, Vyacheslav Gladkov, said that the main damage occurred in the Shebekinsky district.
- Zelensky’s office promised new incursions of saboteurs into Russia. According to Mikhail Podolyak, an adviser to the head of the Ukrainian president’s office, as the counteroffensive gains momentum, Russian rebel groups will incur more frequent incursions into the Russian Federation.
- Podolyak said that the counter-offensive had no fixed date. He clarified that the preparation for it will take a long time.
- Kyiv is preparing an operation to seize the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant. According to Vladimir Rogov, a member of the main council of the administration of the Zaporozhye region, the operation includes forcing the Dnieper.
- In Belgorod, a UAV attacked a local thermal power plant. There were no casualties.
- The head of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine Oleksiy Danilov said that the country is ready to launch a counteroffensive any day. According to him, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are preparing and simply do not have the right to make a mistake.
- The unmanned drones that tried to attack the Russian ship Ivan Khurs were launched from the Naval Operations Center with the participation of Washington. It also turned out that the drones were transferred to Kyiv from the UK.
Russian air defense systems intercepted Ukrainian Storm Shadow cruise missiles. The systems also destroyed 12 HIMARS multiple rocket launchers and two HARM anti-radar missiles. Channel Five.