The head of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, announced that the status of the COVID-19 pandemic has been canceled. WHO declared an emergency in connection with the spread of coronavirus in the world on January 30, 2020, and on March 11 a pandemic was declared.
“Since 2020, about 7 million people have officially died from COVID-19, but the real numbers are much higher. We are talking about at least 20 million dead,” said Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus during a briefing.
He said the WHO expert committee on emergencies on COVID-19 had previously suggested that he remove the status of “public health emergency of international concern” for COVID-19. Mr. Ghebreyesus explained that he “followed this advice and announced the end of the pandemic.”
The news is being added.