Russian special operation in Ukraine
The Ukrainian Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet in Sevastopol. URA.RU has collected all the information about the incident that is currently known.
- In Sevastopol, the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet was hit by a missile, according to Sevastopol Governor Mikhail Razvozzhaev. A rocket fragment also fell near the city theater. Emergency services were sent to the scene of the incident.
- Mikhail Razvozzhaev later warned local residents about the possibility of a new missile attack. He advised residents to stay in buildings and not leave the city center. The governor also addressed people near the fleet headquarters and asked them to take cover when the siren sounded. Then they announced the end of the missile threat, but the roads in the city center remained blocked. Razvozzhaev asked residents not to enter there.
- At least six people were injured as a result of the rocket attack. According to telegram channel “112”, rocket fragments were scattered over a considerable distance. Emergency services are at the scene.
- A video has emerged showing the aftermath of the missile strike. The city was sounding the alarm about the missile threat. The head of the Zaporozhye public movement “We are together with Russia,” Vladimir Rogov, said that the headquarters of the Black Sea Fleet was attacked by an air-to-ground cruise missile Storm Shadow.
- As a result of the incident, one serviceman went missing, the Russian Ministry of Defense reported. The historic headquarters building was damaged during the attack. While repelling the attack, five missiles were shot down with the help of air defense, the ministry added.
Earlier it became known that Ukraine is intensifying attacks on Crimea in an attempt to challenge Russian President Vladimir Putin. These strikes have a symbolic meaning and are aimed at weakening the prestige of the Russian leader. They are also part of a counter-offensive strategy aimed at isolating Crimea and hampering Russian military operations on the Ukrainian mainland.