A temporary maximum speed limit of 70 kilometers per hour was introduced on several highways in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug. The Yugra Road Administration reported on social media that the measures were related to the possible formation of ice.
“Attention car enthusiasts! Due to weather conditions (wet snow, high probability of ice formation and temperature crossing 0 degrees), temporary restrictions on the maximum speed of 70 km/h are being introduced,” the department’s telegram channel reports.
The restriction has been introduced on the following sections of roads:
- Surgut – Kogalym – border of the Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug from 34 to 244 kilometers;
- Access to the city of Kogalym from 0 to 52 kilometers
- Surgut – Lyantor from 42 to 91 kilometers
- Nyagan – Talinka from 87 to 60 kilometers
- Highway “Ugra” from 140 to 220
- Surgut – Lyantor from 12 to 42 kilometers
- Highway Nefteyugansk – Surgut from 43 to 58 kilometers
- Northern bypass of the city of Surgut from 0 to 23 kilometers
- Highway Surgut – Nizhnevartovsk from 13 to 33 kilometers
- Eastern bypass road from 0 to 23 kilometers
Earlier, due to ice, the police blocked traffic on the “death highway” leading from Tyumen to Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug. Restrictions were introduced from kilometer 578 to 698 for all types of vehicles.