The vice-mayor of Yekaterinburg revealed why there is so much dirt in the city

Snow in the city.  Yekaterinburg, dirt in the city, snow on the road

In Yekaterinburg, 80% of the dirt comes from cars on studded tires, and the remaining 20% ​​comes from lawns and courtyards. This was stated by Deputy Head of Yekaterinburg Alexey Bubnov, suggesting that citizens switch to Velcro.

“80% dirt [В Екатеринбурге] from cars on spikes, 20% – from lawns and courtyards. We call for a switch to friction rubber,” he said on Channel Four. Bubnov noted that the administration itself is considering the transition to a gentle Velcro road surface.

Also, Bubnov, answering a question on air about cleaning Yekaterinburg, said that the weather did not allow the “snow porridge” to be swept away from the sidewalks as it turned into ice. Removing it is “labor-intensive,” so the walking routes were treated with sand.

Previously, the Institute of Industrial Ecology of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences conducted a study in which they looked for the reasons why Yekaterinburg regularly becomes dirty. Two years ago, Russian President Vladimir Putin was told about this urban problem at the Congress of Young Scientists.


Be the first to read breaking news on Today’s latest news, and live news updates, read the most reliable English news website

Leave a Reply