Armed conflict between Israel and the Gaza Strip
The Russian Federation has begun the evacuation of Russian citizens from the Gaza Strip. Currently, over 60 people have been transported. URA.RU provides the main news about the situation in the Middle East by the evening of November 12.
- The Russian Ministry of Emergency Situations, together with diplomats, organized the evacuation of Russian citizens from the Gaza Strip. More than 60 people have already been transported to Cairo (Egypt) through the Rafah checkpoint.
- By evening, representatives of the Palestinian Hamas movement suspended negotiations for the release of the hostages. They made this decision after Israeli drones struck Al-Shifa Hospital in the Gaza Strip.
- On the night of November 12, Israel confirmed fighting at Al-Shifa, Al-Quds and Al-Rantisi hospitals. There were reports of a tank encirclement of the city, but country officials denied claims of a siege on medical facilities.
- Hamas has lost control of the northern Gaza Strip. This is due to the fact that more than 200 thousand civilians were evacuated from the north to the south of the Gaza Strip, said Israel Defense Forces (IDF) spokesman Daniel Hagari.
- US President Joe Biden must recognize that Gaza City belongs to Palestine. In this case, the Middle East conflict will be resolved. Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan made this demand to the American leader. Due to Biden’s support for Israel, the head of the United States was also predicted to collapse his political career.
- The IDF destroyed more than 150 Hamas tunnels and other underground facilities. This was stated by the press secretary of the Israeli army in reserve, Jonathan Conricus. The country’s military is conducting a ground operation in the sector.
- Israel spends up to $260 million daily on its war against Hamas. Bloomberg journalists found this out. The authors concluded that the war caused almost eight billion dollars in economic losses to Israel.