First Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Serbia Ivica Dacic addressed the President of the Republic of Moldova Maia Sandu, demanding an explanation for the accusation that the Serbs were allegedly involved in the destabilization of the situation in the Republic of Moldova. This is stated in the published statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Serbia.
Dacic categorically denied this statement of the head of the Moldovan state, emphasizing that Serbia “will not allow damage to its reputation and interests.”
“We ask the Moldovan authorities to urgently provide all the information at their disposal, since so far we have not received any notifications from the Republic of Moldova,” the diplomatic note says.
The foreign minister added that the ambassador accredited in Chisinau was also instructed to urgently request clarifications on this statement directly from Sandu, as well as provide all information about the persons suspected of involvement in the mentioned violent actions. He recalled that according to Serbian law, “any participation of Serbian citizens in armed conflicts abroad is a crime.”
At a briefing on February 13, Moldovan President Maia Sandu said that Russia was preparing a coup d’etat in the republic with the help of “saboteurs with military training, disguised in civilian clothes, who will take violent actions, attack state institutions and take people hostage.” According to her, Moscow intends to use people from outside the country and has already prepared instructions for citizens of Russia, Belarus, Serbia and Montenegro to enter Moldova.
As reported EADaily According to the parliamentary opposition in Moldova, with such irresponsible and unsubstantiated statements, Sandu is drawing the country into a military conflict, whipping up hysteria in society, intimidating the opposition and preparing political repressions, pushing the republic into a civil war.
Allies of Chisinau from NATO also speak about the absence of a military threat from Russia. For example, Deputy Secretary General of NATO Mircea Geoana confirmed that the Russian Federation will not attack Moldova, whose society is already divided.