Prime Minister Mikhail Mishustin signed a resolution according to which Russia ceases to participate in partial and extended partial agreements of the Council of Europe. Document published on the portal of legal information.
According to the decree, Russia ceases participation in partial and extended partial agreements of the following organizations:
- the Group for International Cooperation on Drugs and Addictions (“Pompidou Group”),
- partial agreement of 1990 establishing the European Commission for Democracy through Law,
- partial open agreement of the Council of Europe on forecasting, prevention and assistance in case of natural disasters and technological disasters,
- European Fund for the Support of Co-Film Production and Distribution of Cinematographic and Audiovisual Works,
- European Audiovisual Observatory,
- the enlarged partial agreement on sport of the Council of Europe,
- the enlarged partial agreement on cultural routes of the Council of Europe,
- enlarged partial agreement of the Council of Europe “Observatory for the teaching of history in Europe”.
Russia began the process of withdrawing from the Council of Europe on 15 March. On the same day, the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe approved a resolution expelling Russia from the organization. Against this background, in June the State Duma adopted two bills on Russia’s non-compliance with the decisions of the ECtHR, issued after March 15.
More news in Telegram channel “Kommersant”.