Russian special operation in Ukraine
The Armed Forces of Ukraine fired at the storage of radioactive isotopes of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant and the fire department near the plant. The Russian army destroyed more than half of the personnel of two Ukrainian brigades in the Donetsk People’s Republic. URA.RU brings the main news about the special operation in Ukraine by the evening of August 11.
- The Russian army eliminated more than 50% of the personnel in the 14th and 66th mechanized brigades of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Artyomovsky and Avdeevsky directions. This was reported in the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation. In addition, according to the head of the department, Igor Konashenkov, mass desertion and unauthorized abandonment of their positions are recorded in the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- The military units of Ukraine fired at the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant (ZNPP) and the territories adjacent to it with the help of MLRS and heavy artillery. According to the head of the military-civilian administration of Zaporozhye, Yevgeny Balitsky, at least three hits by APU shells were recorded in the area of the ZNPP radioactive isotope storage facility. The Russian Foreign Ministry said that the consequences of shelling the station could lead to a catastrophe larger than the Chernobyl accident.
- The head of the DPR, Denis Pushilin, announced a mass retreat of Ukrainian troops in the Donbass. According to him, the allied forces of the DPR and the Russian Federation manage to advance in all directions.
- Ukrainian armed forces shelled a brewery in Donetsk, resulting in an ammonia leak. NA NEWS FRONT war correspondent Georgy Medvedev said that the shelling was carried out deliberately, and the target of the strike was chosen initially. The press service of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the DPR reported three victims.
- The UK is going to supply Ukraine with multiple launch rocket systems (MLRS) with a range of up to 80 kilometers. This was told by the head of the Ministry of Defense of the country Ben Wallace.
- The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU) is preparing for a large-scale punitive cleansing of Kharkov from citizens loyal to Russian policy. This is stated in the statement of the Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters of the Russian Federation for Humanitarian Response.
Russia has been conducting a special operation to liberate the territories of the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics since February 24, 2022. Russian President Vladimir Putin noted that the operation was aimed at denazification and demilitarization of Ukraine.