A resident of St. Petersburg got lost in the forest and poisoned herself to death with mushrooms, which she ate from hunger. This is reported kp.ru with reference to the head of the department of clinical toxicology of the Janelidze Research Institute Alexei Lodyagin.
“The patient was admitted to us with severe liver failure, it was not possible to save her,” he said.
Lodyagin added that over the past year, 37 patients with mushroom poisoning were cured at the Janelidze Research Institute. This season, 14 people have already been admitted to the medical institution, one death has been recorded. At the same time, doctors expect an influx of patients closer to autumn, because the mushroom season has just begun.
The press service of the hospital to the publication “Fontanka” clarifiedthat the student ate the pale toadstool, which is one of the most dangerous mushrooms that causes severe liver damage.