In the Church of the Intercession of the Holy Mother of God in the village of Kopalno (Perm Territory), where the club used to be, frescoes were found preserved on the walls. Sergey Belov, head of the Chusovsky District, spoke about the find. On his page on the VKontakte social network, he wrote that he met with the villagers and discussed with them the restoration of the temple.
“Residents of the village, with the support of the abbess of the Verkhne-Chusovskoy Kazan Tryfonova Hermitage, Abbess Xenia, have already begun restoration work. On the altar wall, two well-preserved frescoes were cleaned from under the lime: “Prayer for the Chalice”, “Nativity of Christ”. Enterprising parishioners are diligently putting the temple building in order,” Belov wrote.
The Church of the Intercession of the Virgin was built in 1877 with donations from local residents. In 1923, the Bolsheviks turned it into a club that lasted until 2020. Now local residents are collecting donations for the restoration of the church, the issue of transferring the object to the ownership of the Moscow Patriarchate of the Russian Orthodox Church is being decided.