The fire engulfed the apartment of a five-story residential building in the Kolpino district of St. Petersburg. The fire broke out on Tankistov Street, as reported by 78.ru.
The fire area was 20 square meters, one of the rooms and the corridor were on fire. The fire has now been extinguished.
Five victims needed medical attention. They were taken to the hospital with signs of carbon monoxide poisoning, and two of them had burns.
15 rescuers and three pieces of equipment were engaged in extinguishing the fire. Residents of neighboring apartments were evacuated for security reasons.
Investigators in the Moscow region opened a criminal case after a fire in one of the shopping centers. Two people died as a result of the fire.