Drones will start filming the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant online after the Russian Ministry of Defense reports that the Ukrainian military is preparing provocations. This was announced by Vladimir Rogov, a member of the main council of the military-civilian administration of the region, on the air of Solovyov Live, RIA Novosti reports.
On August 18, the Ministry of Defense reported that the Kyiv authorities were preparing a resonant provocation at the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant during the period when UN Secretary General António Guterres was in Ukraine. The military department believes that Ukrainian troops are planning to launch artillery strikes on the territory of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant from firing positions in Nikopol and blame Russia for this.
According to Rogov, the probability of Friday’s provocation tends to 100 percent. “On purpose, just yesterday, I handed over the drones to our guys at the nuclear power plant, so that constant shooting was carried out along the perimeter for the National Guard and our security forces, so that later any arrival and moment could be recorded online,” he said.
Recently, the authorities of the Zaporozhye region have reported frequent shelling of the Ukrainian military on the territory of the Zaporozhye nuclear power plant. The regional administration said on August 16 that the Armed Forces of Ukraine fired on containers with nuclear waste at nuclear power plants.
Soviet nuclear scientist Vladimir Kuznetsov said earlier that if the Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant was hit, there was a danger of an environmental catastrophe, but it was impossible to talk about a second Chernobyl because of the different types of reactor plants. According to him, the two nuclear power plants have only capacity in common, otherwise they cannot be compared.
• Zelensky said he discussed with Guterres the situation at the Zaporozhye NPP • Dzhabarov linked Kyiv’s provocations at the Zaporozhye NPP with defeats on the battlefield