The command of the Ukrainian forces transferred additional forces to the Zaporozhye direction. The total strength of the grouping of enemy troops amounted to more than 100 thousand people. About this in conversation with RIA News” Vladimir Rogov, a member of the military-civilian administration and the head of the public movement “We are together with Russia,” said.
So far, the command of the Armed Forces of Ukraine has sent only a limited number of forces to participate in hostilities. The bulk of the military is located at a sufficient distance from the line of contact in the territories of the Zaporozhye and Dnepropetrovsk regions controlled by Kyiv.
“The total grouping of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the Zaporozhye direction, according to our data, exceeds 100,000 militants. At the moment, a relatively small group is directly involved in the offensive, ”Rogov said.
On the night of Saturday, June 10, he announced the start of artillery preparation by Ukrainian forces in the Orekhovsky and Pologovsky sectors of the region. Rogov added that the enemy began to pull up forces and armored vehicles.
After that, he added that the Russian military repelled another attempt by Ukrainian forces to attack this sector of the special military operation with heavy fire.
Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu spoke about another failure of Ukrainian troops in the Zaporozhye direction. He noted that on the night of Thursday, June 8, the troops of the 47th mechanized brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine went on the offensive to break through the defense. In total, 1,500 people and 150 armored vehicles were transferred to this site.
After a preventive strike by Russian troops and a two-hour battle, the enemy retreated, losing 350 personnel, 30 tanks and 11 armored infantry vehicles.