If you are planning to visit your bank branch in the remaining October this month, then you must know that both public and private sector banks will be closed for nine days from today. In October, there are a variety of festivals including Durga Puja, Navratri and Dussehra. Therefore, according to the calendar of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the list of holidays in banks this month is a bit long.
See when and why banks will be closed in October
- October 12 – Banks will remain closed in Agartala and Kolkata on account of Durga Puja (Maha Saptami), Maha Saptami.
- 13 October – Durga Puja (Maha Ashtami). Banks will remain closed in Agartala, Bhubaneshwar, Gangtok, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna and Ranchi.
- Bank holiday on 14th October. Banks in Durga Puja/Dussehra (Maha Navami)/Ayut Puja, Agartala, Bengaluru, Chennai, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram will remain closed on October 14 on account of Maha Navami .
- Bank holiday on 15th October. Durga Puja / Dussehra / Dussehra (Victory Dashami). All banks except Imphal and Shimla will remain closed on October 15.
Also read: ICICI Bank launches ‘Home Utsav’, will fulfill the dream of buying a house!
- Bank Holiday Durga Puja (Dasain) on 16th October. Only Gangtok banks will remain closed on October 16 due to Dasain.
- Bank Holiday Sunday on October 17th
- On October 18, due to the bank holiday Kati Bihu (Guwahati), Bihu, only Guwahati Bank will remain closed on October 18.
- Bank Holiday on 19th October, Eid-e-Milad/Eid-e-Mildunnabi/Milad-e-Sharif (Birthday of Prophet Muhammad)/Barawafa. Banks will remain closed in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bhopal, Chennai, Dehradun, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Kanpur, Kochi, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Raipur, Ranchi, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram.
- October 20 – Banks will remain closed in Agartala, Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kolkata and Shimla on account of Maharishi Valmiki’s birthday/Lakshmi Puja/Eid-e-Milado.
Other Bank Holidays in October
- 22 October – Friday after Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Jammu, Srinagar)
- 23 October – Fourth Saturday
- October 24 – Sunday
- 26 October – Accession Day (Jammu, Srinagar)
- October 31 – Sunday