Press "Enter" to skip to content

States get seven thousand crore rupees to build roads, more budget for Uttar Pradesh

The central government has allocated around Rs 7,000 crore under the Central Road Fund (CRF) to the state governments for the current financial year 2021-22. Uttar Pradesh has topped in achieving CRF in the last seven years. Ladakh has been given more budget than Bihar, Jharkhand and Uttarakhand. With this money, the state governments will not only be able to develop district and rural roads, but will also be able to do the work of underpass-overpass, dividers, railing etc.

The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways on June 9 allocated Rs.6935.00 crore of CRF to the states. A ministry official said that out of the total allocation, 60 per cent of the funds would be released in the first phase. The remaining 40 per cent money will be given later during the current financial year based on the performance of the states.

It was told that earlier CRF money was spent only on National Highways, State Highways and Rail Over Bridge-Under Bridge. But under the changed rules in 2017, expenditure can be spent on construction, maintenance, repair etc. of rural roads, district roads, state roads etc. It is noteworthy that in order to strengthen the road safety of the country, it is mandatory to spend 10 percent of CRF money on road safety engineering works.

He said that Uttar Pradesh has been given a budget of Rs 616.29 crore, Uttarakhand Rs 98.80 crore, Bihar 201.06 crore, Jharkhand 164.25 crore, Delhi Rs 27.20 crore, he said. The lowest budget is of Puducherry (7.39 crores). The budget of Ladakh is Rs 246.22 crore more than that of Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttarakhand.

.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *